Cambria Nike Base
Fort Campbell, 1777, Otsego County, Cherry Valley. Breastworks of logs and earth around the house of Major Samuel Campbell. Replaced by stronger works as Fort Alden in 1778.
Castle William: 1811, Kings County, Brooklyn, Governor's Island. Started in 1807 and completed 1811 of red sandstone. Named for its designer Jonathan Williams from Newark, a nephew of Benjamin Franklin. A three tiered 100 gun roundhouse (horseshoe), 200 feet in diameter, 40 feet high, 8 feet thick based on a French design. It was the first casemated fort in North America, its multi-tiered parapets provided greater firepower than earlier fort designs. Held Confederate prisoners 1862-1870.
Fort Caughnawage, 1779, Montgomery County, Fonda. Unverified blockhouse at Sandy Flats just west of Fonda. Village was destroyed in a spring 1780 raid. The fort is reported to have been torn down after the Revolutionary War.
Champlain Atlas F, Site #1, 1961-65, Clinton County, Champlain. See Atlas F for detailed information.
Charles Redoubt/ Fort Charles
Charles Redoubt / Fort Charles, 1776, New York County, Manhattan. See Fort Prince (Prince Charles).
Clinton, Fort (1)
Clinton, Fort (2)
Clinton, Fort (3)
Clinton, Fort (4)
Clyde Blockhouse/Fort Clyde
Cochecton Post, 1760, Sullivan County, Village of Cochecton. A stockaded blockhouse, the "Upper Fort" was on the "Jersey side" of the Delaware River, now New York State. The corresponding Lower Fort was Fort Delaware in Pennsylvania.
Cock Hill, Fort
Fort Cock Hill, 1776, New York County, New York. Patriot earthwork located near today's 207th Street just south of Spuyten Duyvil Creek on Inwood Hill. After evacuation used by the British who made extensive improvements including a surrounding abatis. Nearly abandoned and in ruins by 1781.
Cole's Fort, 1755, Orange County, Port Jervis. Fortified home, in New Jersey at the time, of Wilhemus Cole 1730. Site at intersection of East Main Street and Jersey Avenue. Also reported used during Revolutionary War 1778. 120 Ft to a side palisade, with two blockhouses.
Fort Columbus, 1803-1904, Kings County, Governors Island. Originally built as Fort Jay, re-named Columbus in 1803, reverted to Fort Jay in 1904.
Corlaer's Hook, Fort
Corlaer's Hook Fort, 1812, New York County, New York. Fort or Open Battery on Corlaer's Hook.
Fort Covington, 1812, Franklin County, Town of Fort Covington , Covington Lane. Blockhouse that sheltered sick and wounded on retreat from Chrysler's Field battle in 1813, and winter quarters of General Wilkenson. Present day Covington Lane.
Fort Crailo, Rensselaer County, Rensselaer. A fortified house, loopholed and surrounded by a Palisade.
Crown Point, Fort
Crown Point, Fort (1)
Crown Point, Fort (2)
Crown Point, Fort (3)
Crown Point, Fort (4)
Crown Point, Fort (5)
Crown Point, Fort (6)