Tappan (NY-01H) Nike Base
Tappan (NY-01H) Nike Base: 1956-68, Housing Area.
Terrace Battery: 1812 - 1817, Buffalo. One of eight batteries from the Front to Conjaquadie's Creek. This was a small earthwork lightly armed, south of Fort Porter.
Fort Terry: 1879-1948, Plum Island off North East tip of Long Island. Fortified a number of times from the Spanish American War through World War 2. Coastal Artillery Fort defending approaches to Long Island Sound. Status of batteries in 1921 was; Battery Stoneman, 4 - 12" Mortar Battery Steele, 2 - 10" Disappearing Battery Bradford, 2 - 6" Disappearing Battery Floyd, 2 - 6" Disappearing, arms removed by 1921 Battery Dimick, 2 - 6" Disappearing, arms removed by 1921 Battery Kelly, 2 - 5" Pedestal, arms removed by 1921 Battery Hagner, 2 - 3" Pedestal Battery Eldridge, 2 - 3" Pedestal Battery Greble, 2 - 3" Pedestal Battery Dalliba, 2 - 3" Pedestal Battery Campbell, 2 - 3" Pedestal AA, 2 - 3" Linked with Camp Hero, Fort Michie, and Fort Wright. Declared surplus in 1948 and in 1954 ownership was transferred to the USDA for use as an animal research facility. Now Quarantine Station access is restricted. Old army barracks and weapons batteries still remain.
Tilden, Fort Mortar Battery
Tompkins, Fort (1)
Tompkins, Fort (2)
Tompkins, Fort (3)
Tompkins, Fort (4)
Camp Tompkinsville: 1860s, Staten Island. Also called Camp McClellan for General George McClellan. Temporary Civil War encampment. Renamed Camp Tompkinsville after McClellan fell out of respect. Exact location needed.
Tonawanda Blockhouse: 1812, Erie County, Tonawanda. One small blockhouse existed on the south shore of the Tonawanda Creek at the War of 1812. A trick with marching troops prevented attack in 1812, but in December 1813 the blockhouse and unnamed settlement were burned. The settlement eventually became Niagara Village and later split into Tonawanda (Erie County) and North Tonawanda (Niagara County).
Camp Townsend: 1882, Westchester County, Peekskill. Named for Major General Frederick Townsend, Adjutant General of NY, who established the camp in 1882. Used as a Spanish-American War Mobilization Camp in 1898. Renamed Camp Smith about 1913.
Fort Tyler: 1898, Suffolk County, Gardiner's Island. Transferred to the War Department in 1898 and converted into a small coastal defense positions on the tip of Gardiner's Island at the entrance to Gardiner's Bay. Closed in the late 1920s. Status of batteries in 1921 was; Battery Smith, 2 - 8" Disappearing, 2 - 5" Pedestal. Used as a Naval bombing range during WW2. Sold to private interests after the war.